Leah Dubie's Smokin' Comedy Joint is wild on Times Square TONIGHT.
Here are details -
Leah Dubie's Smokin' Comedy Joint
TONIGHT
8 PM
The Sage Theater
711 7th Avenue (between 47th and 48th)
Located between two gift shops and across from the Renaissance Hotel.
With
Patrick Camden
The Robingelfenband
Jackie Monahan
Jason Scarlatti
Danny Leary
Becky Donohue
and Ben Lerman with a giant singing cheeseburger
Because of this show, business...I have not been able to do much else. You know who suffers? My loved ones...My fitness level and My blog. Watch as I mail this blog in.
There are things happening...I just don't have time to go into great detail about those things so...like a last minute term paper, I'm going to recycle an email I wrote my family last Monday morning. It's regarding a show I had done the night before at Barracuda...which was awesome.
This is the email -
Date: Oct. 29, 2007
From: leah.dubie@gmail.com
Subject: Leah is gaining celebrity friends
Hey Guys,
So I've been busting my tail at this comedy game and it seems to be paying off. In laughs, not cold hard cash. I had this incredible show last night. I had so much fun on stage that I wanted to put a bed there and stay forever. AND...Sara Ramirez (Dr. Callie O'Mally, sexy Latina) from Grey's Anatomy was in the audience. I didn't know this while performing but once I found out I somehow weasled my way into being introduced to her and this is how our conversation went -
Subject: Leah is gaining celebrity friends
Hey Guys,
So I've been busting my tail at this comedy game and it seems to be paying off. In laughs, not cold hard cash. I had this incredible show last night. I had so much fun on stage that I wanted to put a bed there and stay forever. AND...Sara Ramirez (Dr. Callie O'Mally, sexy Latina) from Grey's Anatomy was in the audience. I didn't know this while performing but once I found out I somehow weasled my way into being introduced to her and this is how our conversation went -
Sara Ramirez: "Great job. You were really funny."
Leah Dubie: "I am a fan of your work as well."
I am a giant tool. After that my comedy pals (and Sara Ramirez) went to a second location (because I am now an A-lister) to hang out some more. At which time I sent Marin a frantic text reading -
"I killed tonight. Callie O'Malley was in the audience. We're going to go hang out and get to know each other better. No I'm not kidding. Get here!"
At that point Marin sprinted from Brooklyn to Chelsea and casually sauntered in wearing her pajamas.
This is how the rest of the night went - I made this grand introduction "Everyone, my girlfriend has arrived!".......Sara Ramirez asked Marin if she wanted to put her coat on the back of her chair (code for, let's have dinner together. You and your girlfriend are lovely)...we drank beer, some other things happened....then when Sara Ramirez had to leave, she came over to us (Marin and I had fanned off because we're just that cool) to return Marin's jacket (I checked the pocket for a phone number) and we had this exchange:
Sara Ramirez: "I have to leave. It was nice to meet you. Thank you for your talents."
Leah Dubie: "Thank you for YOUR talents."
Again, a complete tool. It was a really cool night though and I wanted to share it with all of you. If I knew how to send multiple text messages I might have even invited you out last night.
Again, a complete tool. It was a really cool night though and I wanted to share it with all of you. If I knew how to send multiple text messages I might have even invited you out last night.


3 comments:
Oh sweet Christ. This is amazing. I can't believe Sara Ramirez was there! She is so pretty in that photo! Whoa. I seriously would have slightly lost my mind before calming down and saying hello to her. Whoa.
BREAK AN APPENDAGE TONIGHT! I can't come (to your OR Wendy Ho's show) as I will be working from home doing last-minute freelance stuff. I am sorry. I will see it soon!
xoxo
Sara Muthafuckin' B.!!!
Not gonna make tonight although I planned to...but should be at the 20th with companions...Best of Luck
Keep in touch
Hey! Fun show, Leah! The singing Big Mac was a nice touch... as was Toe in the Water!-)
Post a Comment