Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Leah, Lists and some mild Lusting

Two weeks ago...After my first blog post I was leaving the Gotham Comedy Club and a comic friend of mine (Brian McGuinness) screamed at me "Hey! Leah! Keep writing those blogs!" He didn't scream..."Goodbye Leah!" or "Get home safe girl!" or "Don't step in that!" Instead, a loud plea for more things to read while wolfing down a sandwich at work. So I will...for all the Brian McGuinness' out there. This is my Starlight Foundation.

It's not that I don't enjoy the blog writing. It's just that, as with everything I do...it just becomes something to note on a list. Here is one of my lists:

Everything on the list is work-like. If my lists looked like THIS it would be a different story.


Does anyone know where Chris Meloni lives? Because if someone knew where he lived (I'm assuming it's somewhere in NYC or the surrounding areas) I think I could develop a casual, neighborly relationship with him at "our" corner store or bodega. We could have breezy conversations by our grocer's freezer. Omigod, Chris Meloni...I also love Friendship cottage cheese. Life sure is funny isn't it! Would you like to make out for a little bit? I've got some time.







Sometimes I have extended conversations with my girlfriend's mom about how hot Chris Meloni is. Life sure IS funny.


Ok, anyhow. This past week was eventful. The important stuff being....The new season of Dancing With The Stars began, My birthday was Thursday and I'm going to be producing my own comedy show starting November 6th. Let's tackle these events one at a time...

DWTS Season 5 kicked off. It's true, this picture is not from the current season but dear god...just look at this guy. And this is one of the GOOD looking dancers.

If you know me at all then you know I have a very close relationship with this show for several reasons.

1. The Dancing

2. The "Stars"

3. The jokes derived from numbers 1 and 2.

But... I will tell you that I am a giant hypocrite because I'd like nothing more than to be on this show someday. Today while watching the TiVoed episode from Monday I was actually angry because somebody danced to a song I had PLANNED on dancing to. You know ,when I join the cast of DWTS 36. Yes I am confident that there will be 31 more seasons of Dancing With The Stars. Once I heard the first two notes of Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" I actually yelled to no one "Oh come on!!! Fine! Cross that one off the list." Another negative check mark for "lists" everywhere.

My birthday was Thursday and there was an attempt to surprise me with a party of some kind however many factors made this impossible. The #1 reason it is impossible to surprise me with a surprise birthday party is because I usually wind up inviting people to my own surprise so even if you were originally showing up for the surprise part...in my head, you are there because you got my last minute text message and sprinted to the Duplex because I asked nicely. Clearly, I have some control issues here. I'm working on it. I have big plans to buy "The Secret" on iTunes and iPod listen my way into a life of self control and happiness. Stand by for that.

It was a good time. Many loved ones, comics and various other homies. Including these people.


That is a brand new shirt that I'm wearing. It arrived in the mail from Aunty Carol.

30 minutes later I dripped pizza grease down the front of it. Like I said...self control....The Secret...help is on the way.


Lastly, I've been looking for a venue to produce my own show and have decided on The Sage Theater in Times Square. "Leah Dubie's Smokin' Comedy Joint" kicks off Tuesday November 6th at 8:00 PM. Many, many details to follow. Just starting to book it and get the press machine rolling.

I'm performing Thursday at "On The Rocks" w/Danny Leary. It's a terrific show. Swing by, have a cocktail. On the rocks or just in a glass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the "poodie" note paper. Glad to see you are putting it to good use and it is featured on your blog. Let me know when you are running low and I'll restock it for you. PP C-Cac, Your fellow Poodie

Leah Dubes said...

So you bothered to call yourself "anonymous" yet you signed your name Carla Cac? Well not your full name. Now I've taken care of that. This is just like the time I outed you as my drug dealer on stage.

Anonymous said...

I clicked "anonymous" instead of "google/blogger" since I don't consider myself a blogger. This time I checked "other." Better?

Brian McGuinness said...

Yes...I am pretty damn awesome. KEEP WRITING!

Brian McGuinness said...

Yes...I am pretty awesome.
www.chuckledumper.com

Anonymous said...

Yes Chris Meloni is hot! & he is so cool. I met him at a concert in NJ for A Perfect Circle. He was wearing salmon colored pants but I forgave him. Good luck with the show!!! I cant wait to see it.