Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Low-Cost Freedom

Today's blog is inspired by CVS brand "all day pain relief." I have been in pain for two solid days or much longer if you count childhood. In a freak accident in the AM...I was just exiting REM sleep when Pete decided to toss shit around in the other room. As I tensed up my neck muscles while waking up, my first conscious thought was..."my neck sure hurts in this dream" followed by manic screaming. So for two days I have turned very slowly hoping no one drops a briefcase in a courtroom like they did on that episode of the Brady Bunch. Which...is complete bullshit because I could turn quickly if startled by a falling attache case or the like but it would hurt like hell. If I was that defendant on that episode of the Brady Bunch it would have just pissed me off. "What the fuck Jan Brady, you crazy lezbo?!" And I don't think Jan had anything to do with it. No wonder lesbians are always fighting for something.

Leah, I hope you have to take wedding photos while sporting a halo cast.
- Jan Brady.

My dreams since "the injury" have been particularly intense. Marin keeps telling me to "relax" and "chill." To which I reply "How am I supposed to relax and/or chill if you keep dating other chicks in my dreams?! It's stressful!"

I have always had very vivid dreams. I don't always remember my dreams but if I do I'm convinced they've actually happened or at the very least...could have happened, which seems to upset me just as much. I remember once in college I dreamed that Matt pushed me off a moving bus and I had trouble looking at him for a week. And I certainly wasn't getting in a car with the guy I'll tell you that much. If I tell Marin something that happens in my dreams she automatically returns with "How long are you planning on blaming me for that? For doing that fictional thing to you in your dream?" The average time is about 3 days.

Today we're heading to Boston for my sister's wedding. I mention this because she loves being the center of my blogisphere. And because I wanted to give burglars a heads up. I'm looking forward to it...provided I can turn my head, it should be a good time. The blend of the two sides of divorced families is not normally a party but I am hopeful. Even the Bloods and the Crips come together to decide on the going rate of crack. Right? Then surely we can all pretend to like each other for one day or at the very least allow our subconscious to take over and paralyze the top halves of our bodies so we don't have to deal with it. Right? Good.

Crack Cocaine in a dude's mouth (courtesy of google images)---->




Speaking of drugs...my show Leah Dubie's Smokin' Comedy Joint is really coming along. My friend Shannon helped me with the postcards/posters and they are ready for distribution. Marin and I took many pictures of me smoking cigarettes in front of a bodega while dodging people asking us to "stop smoking on the fruit." And they didn't mean Jason Scarlatti. He'll gladly let you smoke on him.

Here is a artsy, blurry picture that didn't make the cut but still manages to make me look cool in a junior high school way.


The more I look at the marketing campaign for Dubie's smokin show...the more I worry...do pot-heads keep appointments? Let's hope.

Leah Dubie's Smokin Comedy Joint

The Sage Theater - 711 7th Ave. (between 47th and 48th)

Kicks off Tuesday November 6th - 8 PM

Reservations - smokincomedy@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd let you smoke on my fruit any day of the week. listen, i'm going on tour and i need to name it. think t-shirts and tell me which you like better: the Party Til Ya Uke Tour or The Ukelear Meltdown Tour??? What say you?

Chesley Calloway said...

It's funny that your sister likes to be the center of your blogisphere;-)

Looking forward to Smokin' Comedy Joint!!!

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of the time I nearly broke my neck sneezing. Watch out for sneezes! They can be dangerous!

MattyEbs said...

Sounds like a fun show...blurry pictures always make me feel stoned...or blind but definitely one of the three

Anonymous said...

to Leah Dubie and her Bolg Fans,
I've been hopeful to catch up on my Leah Dubie blog reading for quite some time now. Im not big on "reading"....and my work schedule has been more like a day-to-night barbie (Thank God for reversable satin clothing Mattel!)

I LOVE this blog. I LOVE that you smoke on fruit and think of me!

I LOVE Chris Maloni, always have,....Big fan of the "Oz" days,..but for the storylines,..of coarse!

Im sorry that your neck hurts and that you would consider crack cocain as an alternative to CVS pharmasuticals (is there spell check in blogs? am I allowed to write this much.)

I cant WAIT for you to blog about the wedding,..and more dreams please. im a big beleiver in dreams,..and "The Secret" for that matter. But "The Secret" on itunes,..even BETTER! im listening for the second time.

I miss and Love you with all my heart! and anxiously await MORE Dubie Blogs. In the words of Brittney spears......

"Gimme gime more, gimme more, gimme gimme more."

PS - Salt n Pepa now have a reality show,..and Salt will no longer perform "push it" because she is born again.

I WISH I could make this sh*t up.